Saturday, March 2, 2013

Walk to the waterfall Deshaies

In Deshaies you can follow the river up the mountain to a waterfall. The book says about 3 hours climbing through the river over rocks and then you can get back in 15 minutes via the road. Well the 3 hours there was about right. It was a huge climb over big boulders where you often had to pull yourself up. You come across beautiful ponds. It was very arduous but also very beautiful. When we went back via the road after about 15 minutes I started having horrible cramps in my shimmer came past a convent and a quaint little graveyard. We could see the bay way in the distance down below. I did not think I could walk all that way with these cramps. Then this ute drove past and reversed. It was a priest who had noticed my limp. He took me in the car and the others in the back down. It was still 20 minutes by car so so much for 15 minutes walk.





No comments:

Post a Comment