Monday, April 9, 2012

St john USVI and British VI 9 April

We now have to go on moorings a lot to protect the coral. In St john we went ashore and hiked over a boardwalk through the mangroves. We saw many humming birds but I was not able to take a photo. The water is so clear that we could see all the fish many barracuda. We also saw turtles. I had made a pumpkin pie,coleslaw and a 7 layer chili dip with corn chips to take to our Easter diner with our friends. We had a great night with I think a bit too much sangria for me.
Today we sailed to Jost ban Dyke in the Britsh Virgin Islands. It is only 4 miles and my tmobile from Us still works. This is a gorgeous place but the immigration lady was not too friendly. Our friend Rik called her crusty. After we paid 39 dollars we can stay here for 30 days or as in rik's case till the end of the month which the lady thought was the same thing. Rocky and I went for a walk and now it feels very much like the tropics. Very hot and humid. Lots of bananas and mangoes but not ripe just yet. We saw a strange animal which I am told is a weasel. Very large though but again to quick for a photo. Now we are having drinks and I have to think about diner again. So till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment